Saturday, January 16, 2010

Volunteering for Numana = Helping Haiti

So this morning I decided to take the kids to the El Dorado Civic Center because Numana is down there doing a food packaging event for Haiti. At first I though it was going to be kind of boring but wanted to teach our kids a good lesson out of the field trip. To my surprise the place was PACKED with a ton of people from miles away. We had to park 2 blocks away because there were so many cars. When we walked in there was a sign up booth so we signed up and got in line. We got out fun hair hats and aprons and on we went to packaging food.

Here is their website: http://www.numanainc.com/

It was truley the most amazing experience. Having my children help and see them having fun with it and learning has been the best experience thus far! When we left to eat lunch they asked to go back and my heart just melted! I have to most loving and caring children ever and so proud to be their mother.

Here are some pictures I took with my phone.

Blane and Maddie with Grandma



Packing the food





Too cute! :-)


Blane and Madyson with their cousin Taylor

1 comments:

Rick McNary said...

Thanks for telling people about Numana! I'm Rick McNary, CEO of Numana, and really appreciate you doing this. And we loved the picture of the baby in the hairnet!
Rick